Recipe name: Chocolate Loaf Cake
Yield: 1 cake – serves 12
Created by: Linda Micomonaco
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 scoops NCN Ultimate Daily Cleanse
- 3 scoops NCN ISO Protein 100, vanilla or natural
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup cacao powder sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup NCN Boosted MCT Cooking Oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup carrots, grated finely (do no pack down when measuring)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease or paper line a rectangular loaf pan, 5”x9” or 1.5L.
2. In a bowl, combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar set aside.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well using a whisk.
4. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
5. Add the oil, almond mix mixture and maple syrup to the egg mixture. Mix, using a whisk, just until blended.
6. Add the wet ingredients and the carrots to the dry mixture. Mix, using a whisk, until well combined.
7. Pour mixture into the cake pan.
8. Bake for 40-45 minutes.