- 1 ½ cups of old fashioned oats
- 3 scoops of NCN Boosted Vegan All-in-One, Vanilla flavour
- ½ cup of NCN Raw Hemp Seed Hearts
- 1 tsp of Sea salt
- ⅔ cup of Dried cherries
- ½ cup of Dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup of Whole pistachios
- 1 cup of Yacon syrup or honey
1. Line a tray with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine the All-in-One powder, hemp hearts, salt, nuts and cherries. Give it a quick mix. Set aside
3. Toast the oats in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
4. It will take approximately 6-8 minutes to achieve a nice golden brown colour. Shake the pan or using a wooden spoon move around the contents every 30 seconds. This is necessary to ensure a nice even browning of the oats. It will take about 4 minutes before you will see any browning but in the last few minutes the browning will occur quickly so keep an eye on it and it might need to be stirred more often at this point
5. Once the oats are browned, turn off the heat and pour them into the bowl with the All-in-One powder, nuts and dried fruit mixture. Give it a good stir so that it well mixed and everything is evenly coated with the powder
6. Pour the yacon syrup while the oats are still warm. This will help the syrup to spread evenly over the entire mixture without damaging the syrup. Mix it well so that everything is well coated with the syrup.
7. Add the chocolate chips and mix well. The chips are added to the end so that they don’t melt.
8. Pour the mixture on the paper lined tray and begin to shape the mixture into a rectangle. This can be done easily by putting a second piece of parchment paper on top of the mixture creating a barrier between your hands and the sticky mixture. Keep pressing down and shaping the mixture until it’s rectangular in shape. By pressing the mixture down and making more firm, it will make it more stable when it’s cut into bars
9. Leave the bars to dry for at least 4 hours, or leave over night before cutting into desired pieces. No refrigeration is required.
Shelf life in an airtight container: 4-7 days
Yield: 6 breakfast bars