This is the basic recipe for making your own protein bars. You can replace the nuts, fruit, and type of North Coast Naturals Protein that you use. They are easy to assemble and make great snacks anytime.
- 2 cups oat flakes
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1/2 cup North Coast Naturals 100% Iso-Protein powder or Organic Brown Rice, Organic Soya or Organic Hemp Protein powder
- 1/4 cup water, milk or juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup honey, maple syrup or agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil an 8-inch square-baking pan.
- In a small bowl combine raisins, apple juice and vanilla. Set aside 20 minutes for the raisins to soften.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add flakes and nuts, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon and sauté for an additional minute. Pour into large bowl.
- Stir eggs, honey, and North Coast Naturals Organic Brown Rice, Organic Soya or Organic Hemp Protein powder or North Coast Naturals 100% Iso-Protein powder into raisin mixture. Pour the wet ingredients into dry and stir until mixed.
- Spend the mixture into pan and bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.