Maple Walnut Brownies
These yummy brownies are great for lunch or you can turn them into a dessert by adding sliced strawberries and a scoop of ice cream or frozen dairy alternative.
- 1 cup spelt or whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup North Coast Naturals Organic Brown Rice, Organic Soya or Organic Hemp Protein powder
- 1/3 cocoa or carob powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, North Coast Naturals Organic Brown Rice, Organic Soya or Organic Hemp Protein powder, cocoa or carob, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add the maple syrup, water, oil, vanilla and walnuts. Mix gently.
- Spoon into a lightly oil 8 x 8 pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes.
Serving suggestion: Add sliced strawberries and a scoop of ice cream or frozen dairy alternative.