Fancy Roll Dough
The base dough that is used for making Cinnamon Rolls & Cloverleaf Rolls (recipes are below). You can try adding different types of dried fruit, such as cranberries, raisins etc.
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup North Coast Naturals Organic Brown Rice, Organic Soya or Organic Hemp Protein powder
- 3 to 4 cups spelt flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water.
- After 10 minutes stir the yeast and add in the oil and 1 cup of flour.
- Mix this well, and then add water
- Stir in North Coast Naturals Organic Brown Rice, Organic Soya or Organic Hemp Protein powder. Then start to stir in flour one cup at a time
- Dough should be soft but not sticky. Turn out onto floured surface and knead for a few minutes, if it feels to sticky add more flour
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover with damp cloth and let rise for about 1 hour until it was doubled in size.
- When it has risen, punch down the dough and make one of the following recipes for 24 Cinnamon Rolls or 24 Cloverleaf Rolls:
Cinnamon Rolls — Makes 24
- 1 cup sucanat
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cinnamon
- 1 cup dried fruit
- After yeast has risen divide into 2 balls.
- Oil the bottom of two 9 x 9 inch pans and sprinkle in each 1/4 cup of succant.
- Roll out each ball into a rectangle about 9 x 12 inches and spread with the melted butter.
- Mix together the cinnamon, succant and dried fruit. Sprinkle half this mixture onto first dough and roll up, Cut the roll into 1-inch pieces and lay down the piece in one of the pans. Repeat with the second rectangle.
- Let the rolls rise for about 45 minutes until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 25 minutes.
- When you remove pan from oven place up sized down on cooling rack.
Cloverleaf Rolls — Makes 24
- Oil muffin tin(s).
- Press down the dough.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter. With buttery fingers, pinch off small balls of dough and dip each into melted butter. Put 3 balls in each muffin cup, buttery side up.
- Let rise about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.