Cocoa Chip Cookies
The kids want tasty and you want nutritious. These yummy cookies will fill the bill.
- 1 1/3 cup soften butter
- 1/2 cup sucanat
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/4 cup North Coast Naturals Organic Brown Rice, Organic Soya or Organic Hemp Protein powder
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons milk or dairy substitute
- 1 cup chopped almonds or nut of your choice (optional)
- Cream together the butter and sucanat.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, North Coast Naturals Organic Brown Rice, Organic Soya or Organic Hemp Protein powder, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Stir into butter mixture alternating with the milk and flour.
- Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.