Applesauce Pancakes with Blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup spelt flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup North Coast Naturals Organic Brown Rice, Organic Soya or Organic Hemp Protein powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup blue berries, fresh or frozen
- Mix flour, protein powder and baking powder in mixing bowl, then make a well in the middle.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs. Then add the olive oil, milk and applesauce
- Next, mix the egg mixture into the flour mixture, a little at a time, until the batter is smooth, stir in the blue berries.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of oil into frying pan and heat. Place 1/2 cup of batter onto frying pan; slightly flatten out the batter so the inside can cook
- Cook the pancakes for about one minute on one side. When they begin to bubble, turn. Keep a close watch on the cooking time, the protein powder keeps the pancake from bubbling as much as a regular pancake
Serve with a green salad