Vegetables and Rice with Pumpkin Seed Sauce
Pumpkin seeds and spinach add flavour and nutrients to this simple dish.
- Pumpkin Seed Sauce
- 1 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 to 4 tablespoons North Coast Naturals Organic EFA 369 Oil blend or North Coast Naturals Organic Hemp Oil
- 1 bunch (about 1 cup) green onions, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups washed spinach
- 1 tablespoon miso paste mixed in 1 cup hot water, cooled
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Vegetables and Rice
- 2 cups short grain brown rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- To make sauce: Toast pumpkin seeds 3 to 5 minutes in skillet over medium heat, stirring often.
- In a food processor puree spinach, North Coast Naturals Organic EFA 369 Oil Blend or North Coast Naturals Organic Hemp Oil, 1/2 the green onions, garlic, miso paste in water and lime juice. Add cooled pumpkin and blend once more.
- Place rice in pot with 4 cups of water; cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until done.
- Warm olive oil in pan over medium heat add peppers and mushrooms, cook until soft, add remaining green onion.
- Serve the rice with the vegetables and sauce on top.