Chinese Chicken Salad
- 6 Won Ton Wrappers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 ounces cellophane noodles
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne strips
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 head of lettuce, shredded
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, dissolved in 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup North Coast Naturals Organic EFA 369 Oil blend or North Coast Naturals Organic Hemp Oil
- In a wok heat 1 1/2 inches of oil to 350 degrees and fry the won ton strips, until golden brown. Transfer them with a slotted spoon to paper towel to drain.
- Also in this oil, fry the noodles in 2 batches, turning them once for about 5 seconds (they expand) transfer them to paper towel to drain, then crumble.
- In a large bowl combine the won ton strips, half the noodles, the cooked chicken, green onions, cashews, coriander and the bell pepper.
- To make the dressing, in the blender mix together the mustard mixture, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce, while on low speed slowly add the North Coast Naturals Organic EFA 369 Oil Blend or North Coast Naturals Organic Hemp Oil, in a stream until emulsified.
- Toss the chicken salad with the dressing, mound it on a platter lined with lettuce, and garnish it with the remaining noodles.