Caponata with a Smile
Caponata is typically used as a side dish for fish dishes, sometimes as an appetizer, and also as a main course. A little spice adds a smile to this recipe.
- 3/4 cup North Coast Naturals Organic EFA 369 Oil blend or North Coast Naturals Organic Hemp Oil
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 whole onions
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 or 2 hot red peppers
- Olive oil
- Rub eggplant and onions with olive oil, place on baking sheet and bake in a 350-degree oven for approximately 1/2 hour or until eggplant is fully cooked.
- The peppers can be roast along side the eggplant for about 15 minutes or use fresh.
- Cool the vegetable, peel the onions, then put in blender with North Coast Naturals EFA Organic 369 Oil Blend or North Coast Naturals Organic Hemp Oil.
- Serve on top of your favourite bread or use as a dip for cut up vegetables.